Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS for J-1 with 212 requirement?

Hi,

is there anyone here who has a J-1 2-year homestay requirement and who won DV2004? I wonder what I am supposed to do since I am in such situation ... would appreciate any advice

thanks!

Re:AOS for J-1 with 212 requirement?

larm писал(а) Thu, 24 July 2003 15:21
    Hi,

is there anyone here who has a J-1 2-year homestay requirement and who won DV2004? I wonder what I am supposed to do since I am in such situation ... would appreciate any advice
    Если только вейвер сможете сделать. Больше я путей не вижу.

Comment

FROM DS-230 form:

"EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW, ALIENS WITHIN THE FOLLOWING CLASSIFICATIONS ARE INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A VISA.

DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CLASSES APPLY TO YOU?"

- j. An alien who is a former exchange visitor who has not fulfilled the 2-year foreign residence requirement".

Comment

the problem with waiver is that my exchange program was sponsored by USIA - no objection from Russia most likely would not work (plus consulate takes their time really to issue a letter on my behalf - it will take forever) , I have a fed. agency sponsor, but dept. of education does not accept applications currently (no reasons given to the public).

By the way, if USIA does not exist any more as an institution, do we still have this requirement?

Comment

If you can't get the waiver by the time of the interview, it's a lost cause, greencard cannot be issued. I would consult a lawyer for your individual situation.

Comment

Working...
          X