Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I maintain my legal status in the US?

Collapse

Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I maintain my legal status in the US?

Hello everybody,
    I'm a 2 year green card holder.It expires in june 2008. My ex-husband filed for divorce in november 2006 after I left him.
    I was physically abused and couldn't stay with him any longer.So now we are divorced and it's soon time for me to file for removing conditions. I'm afraid that I won't be able to prove that our marriage was in good faith. I don't have enough money to find a good attorney. The only thing I can do is show the police report.He is rich and he's gonna do his best to prove that everything had been carefully planned and he was a good husband to me.
    He's already tried 5 times to marry a woman from a foreign country, brought them over to the States but none of them could stay longer than a month with him.I was the 6th one and our marriage lasted 6 months.
    Few months after he divorced me he brought a new "lucky" girl to the States and married her.
    I'm terribly worried!!! What if I fail to remove the conditions on my own? I don't wanna be deported!!! May be if I am a full-time student that will help? Will I be able to stay legally in the country for at least the period of my school? or change my status to a student visa?Please help me!!!

Ответ: How can I maintain my legal status in the US?

Originally posted by resnichka View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I'm a 2 year green card holder.It expires in june 2008. My ex-husband filed for divorce in november 2006 after I left him.
    I was physically abused and couldn't stay with him any longer.So now we are divorced and it's soon time for me to file for removing conditions. I'm afraid that I won't be able to prove that our marriage was in good faith. I don't have enough money to find a good attorney. The only thing I can do is show the police report.He is rich and he's gonna do his best to prove that everything had been carefully planned and he was a good husband to me.
    He's already tried 5 times to marry a woman from a foreign country, brought them over to the States but none of them could stay longer than a month with him.I was the 6th one and our marriage lasted 6 months.
    Few months after he divorced me he brought a new "lucky" girl to the States and married her.
    I'm terribly worried!!! What if I fail to remove the conditions on my own? I don't wanna be deported!!! May be if I am a full-time student that will help? Will I be able to stay legally in the country for at least the period of my school? or change my status to a student visa?Please help me!!!
    Posmotrite zdes, mozhet byt' poleznaja informatsija:
    You could find helpful information in this topic:

Как вы наверное уже знаете для того что бы переделать вашу грин карту из условной в обычную вам надо подать в форму I-751 v USCIS
    И вот что написано в инструкциях к этой форме:
    Instructions for the form I-751 state in part:

If you were granted conditional resident status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, use this form (I-751) to petition for the removal of those conditions. If you are still married, the petition should be filed jointly by you and the spouse through whom you obtained conditional status.
    However, you may apply for a waiver of this joint filing requirement if:

1.You entered the marriage in good faith, but your spouse subsequently died;

2.You entered the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was later terminated due to divorce or annulment;

3.You entered the marriage in good faith and have remained married, but have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse; or

4. The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship.

Comment

Kogda byl zavershen razvod?
      Kogda vy podali I-751?
      Chto govorit police report?
      Kogda imenno sostavlen police report?
      Kogda on podal na razvod?
      Pochemu na razvod podali ne vy, a on?

Comment

razvod bil v noyabre proshlogo goda
        I-751 ya eshe ne otpravlyala
        a police report bil v iyune 2006 goda
        na razvod podal on potomu shto nashel druguyu devushku srazu posle togo kak ya ot nego ushla..

Comment

Working...
        X