Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Green Card Lottery - Banned from USA

Dear all,

I would appreciate any suggestion or advice that can assist me.

I would like to apply for the US Green Card lottery, however my spouse was banned from the USA because she overstayed on a visitor's visa.

Will my spouse's situation disqualify me from succeeding, considering I would like to take her if I get through?

I know getting choosen for the lottery is a long-shot, but I need to know if not to waste my money applying.

Thanks for any help!.

Regards

Dave.

Re: US Green Card Lottery - Banned from USA

You can definitely play, and you will not be disqualified based on your wife's situation. However, your wife will not be able to get a visa until her ban expires. Also, if you are claiming chargeability based on <u>her </u>country of birth, you will not be able to get a visa.

Comment

Originally posted by dave
      ...to waste my money applying.

by the way you can play with no fees on this stage:

"No fee is charged for the electronic lottery entry in the annual DV program."

If you have any questions how to submit the DV entry form you can ask here - on this forum

Good luck!

Comment

Hello Lucy, Igor,

Thanks for your advice.

Lucy what do you meant by ' Chargeability in country of birth for my spouse' ?

My spouse ban will be lifted until 2014, that will then be ten years, so I am out of the race.

Thanks again!

Dave

Comment

Lucy what do you meant by ' Chargeability in country of birth for my spouse' ?

This means the place (the country) where she was born.

My spouse ban will be lifted until 2014, that will then be ten years, so I am out of the race.

that's not good IMHO you can play from yourself only at the moment. If there still be the DV lottery on 2014 year she'll be acceptable for playing too.

Lucy, what will you say?

Comment

Working...
          X