Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS 2005 - SF BCIS update #4

7/1/05: Received interview appointment letter for 7/18/05. We gotta get our employment verification letters now and prep for interview.

One another question I have for my attorney is what do we do with my wife's H1B expiring on 7/17/05?

Will keep you posted.

Gu Ga

Backstory: June 6, 2005 I'm winner of DV2005 EU18XXX while in H1B. Married, spouse has H1B too but expiring on July 15, 2005.

We filed I-485 on March 29, 2005 with San Francisco District Office. Attached checks with I-485 have been cleared by SF BCIS on March 31 and April 1. It has been 2 months now and there is no any feedback from SF BCIS. There is no case number either.

June 7, 2005: Here is update form SF BCIS INFOPASS visit this morning:

I didn't get to speak to Immigration officer but rather to a person who asks why here and gives out a waiting number. As soon I mentioned lottery case, she (P. Siu) asked when I filed and if check have been cashed. I filed on March 29 and checks have been cashed on march 31 and april 1.

She told me that she works in mail processing unit too and they are working on entering cases filed on last week of march. Most likely they will send out receipt confirmation letter within a week.

When I asked about how long it takes for fingerprinting, FBI namecheck and interview scheduling, she ackowledged that lottery cases are special processing with considiration of deadline Sept. 30. They will try to compelete DV cases with in deadlines. She asked me to leave my phone number on infopass appointment letter and that she will try to look for my case and send it to special processing unit.

When I asked about EAD timeline for my wife, since her h1b expires in a month, she told me that they will send out letter for fingerprinting within couple of weeks and once we come for fingerprinting they can process EAD right away too.

June 15, 2005: I just called my attorney and he says that they just received notices from SF BCIS for fingerprinting, EAD and travel document (advance parole). I'll be stopping by at his office at 5 pm and will discuss details. He thinks that interview will be scheduled for July/August now. I assume, my wife and I, have to go to SF BCIS for fingerprinting, then they will issue EAD and travel document on the spot. At least that's how it sounded when I visited SF BCIS couple of weeks ago and that's what heard from my attorney over the phone right now.

June 24, 2005: Received our EAD and Travel documents at SF BCIS, submitted our fingerprints for security checks at application support center. People at fingerprinting center told me that it takes 2 days for FBI to receive our fingerprints. As far as how long it take for FBI to process it, they don't know. My attorney says that it should not take more than 78 hours for FBI to process security checks once they get to our file. Question is how long it takes for our file to get to processing stage once FBI receives that file.

Re: AOS 2005 - SF BCIS update #4

It takes just 3-5 days. Check your case status on-line. It will say: your fingerprints result are recieved and your case is resumed.

I have a suggestion for you about your wife. Be carefull! If you did not get under 245(i), and if it is not late, apply for continuing her H-1. Otherwise, her DV case may be denied. Be very carefull!

Comment

Working...
    X