Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beginning student

Подскажите, пожалуйста. Если на руках есть все необходимые документы для обращения за студенческой визой (I-20 и др), но хочешь въехать в США раньше положенных 30 дней, то нужно, следуя указаниям, обращаться в посольство за В2? Что тогда на собеседовании говорить об обучении, если обращаешься за тур. визой? И получается, что въехав в США по В-2, потом придётся менять статус на Ф1? (A beginning student who wants an earlier entry into the U.S. (more than 30 days prior to the course start date), must qualify for, and obtain a visitor visa. A prospective student notation will be shown on his/her visitor visa and the traveler will need to make the intent to study clear to the U.S. immigration inspector at port of entry. Before beginning any studies, he or she must obtain approval for a change to Exchange Visitor status, filing Form I-539 , Application for Change of Nonimmigrant Status and pay the fee. Also you must submit the required Form I-20 to the Department of Homeland Security office where the application is made. Please be aware that one can not begin studies until the change of classification is approved.
    Continuing students may apply for a new visa at any time, as long as they have been maintaining student status and their SEVIS records are current. Continuing students may also enter the U.S. at any time before their classes start)
Working...
X