Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

нужен совет: успеваю ли я получить грин-карту по категории "до 21 года".

Collapse

Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• нужен совет: успеваю ли я получить грин-карту по категории "до 21 года".

я из NJ. мне нужен совет. ситуация такая: мои родители только-только получили грин-карту (как родители гражданина Америки) и тут же подали док-ты на меня. но проблема в том, что я хотела успеть попасть под категорию "дети до 21 года", но не знаю, получится ли. дело в том, что документы на меня отправлены за неделю до того, как мне стукнет 21 год. получены они будут за 5 дней до моего др. вопрос такой: фиксируется ли мой возраст в момент получения ими док-ов на меня? или я уже не успеваю и мне обязательно должно быть меньше 21-го на момент получения мною грин-карты?

Re: нужен совет: успеваю ли я получить грин-карту по категории "до 21 года".

Vozrast fiksiruetsia i v etot moment zamorajivaetsia. Potom, kogda I-130 budet odobrenia, vash vozrast razmorajivaeytsia i idet dal'she. Esli vy uspeete poluchit' GC v techenie 5 dnei posle approvala I-130 (chto tehnicheski nevypolnimo), to vy prohodite po kategorii F2a. Esli net, to vy pereidete v kategoriu svyshe 21 goda

Comment

raevsky писал(а) Sat, 17 December 2005 20:15
      Vozrast fiksiruetsia i v etot moment zamorajivaetsia. Potom, kogda I-130 budet odobrenia, vash vozrast razmorajivaeytsia i idet dal'she. Esli vy uspeete poluchit' GC v techenie 5 dnei posle approvala I-130 (chto tehnicheski nevypolnimo), to vy prohodite po kategorii F2a. Esli net, to vy pereidete v kategoriu svyshe 21 goda

спасибо за ответ. я так и думала

Comment

Net, eto rabotaet ne tak. Vot kak eto rabotaet.

Цитата:
        Section 3-Preference and DV Categories

------------------------------ --------

11. Section 3 of the CSPA applies to:

-- F2A principal applicants;

-- derivative applicants in all family- and employment-based preference categories; and

-- derivative applicants in DV cases.

12. This section provides relief from age-out by establishing the alien's age as of the date a visa becomes available for the alien (or the alien's parent), minus the number of days that the petition was pending. Only those aliens who seek to acquire the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence within one year of visa availability are eligible for relief under this section. For this section, visa availability is defined to require both a current priority date and an approved petition. The number of days a petition has been pending is calculated from the date the petition was filed to the date the petition is adjudicated. "Seeks to acquire the status of an LPR" will be defined to mean apply for an immigrant visa, i.e., the date of visa application.

13. Advisory Opinions. Because the interpretation of Section 3 is the subject of ongoing discussions with the Service, the Department requests that, until advised otherwise, posts seek an Advisory Opinion from CA/VO/L/A on cases that fall within this section of the CSPA.

14. The Department's initial interpretation of this section can be illustrated by the following two examples.

-- If an LPR parent filed an I-130 in 1998 when his son/daughter was 20 and the visa became available today and the I-130 was never adjudicated until today, the beneficiary's "age" when determining preference category would be equal to the age of the alien on the date the priority date became current (24 years) minus the period the petition was pending adjudication (4 years), which would mean the alien's age would be deemed to be 20. The alien, however, would only benefit from this special treatment if s/he applies for a visa within one year of the visa becoming available. Even though the beneficiary in this example is chronologically age 24 today (the date on which his visa becomes available)-by applying the formula in section 3, he is only 20 because his chronological age on the date his visa becomes available has been reduced by the number of days his petition has been pending (4 years).

-- If, however, this same Form I-130 had been adjudicated in 2000, the beneficiary's "age" would be 22 when determining preference category. Although the beneficiary is chronologically 24 (his age on the date his visa becomes available), his petition was only pending for 2 years, so only two years are deducted from his age at the time the priority date became current, making the alien 22.

Tem ne menee approval I-130 delaetsia otnositel'no bystro, a vremia ojidania po kvote dol'she. V moment approvala I-130 vash vozrast razmorajivaetsia i idet dal'she. Esli ko dniu kogda dostignuta priority date, vam uje est' 21 god s uchetom zamorojennogo vremeni, to vy ne prohodite po F2A. Eto pokazyvaet vtoroi iz privedennyh primerov. Eto imenno tak, kak budet u vas.

Comment

Working...
        X