X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ Adjustment of Status

I485 Process / AOS

Adjustment of Status is the final stage of Green Card. After the completion of this process, the applicant becomes a lawful permanent resident of the US.
    A applicant can opt either for I485 or Consular Processing(CP).

1. File form I-485 - In this case, the applicant can file for adjustment of status using form I485 for him/herself and family members while remain in US.

2. Consular Processing - In this case, applicant can apply for adjustment of status at the US Consular office in their home country. (Please see our separate section on Consular Processing for further details)

What documents required to file for I485 AoS?

The following is a generic list of documents may required for applying for 485/AoS application:
    1 Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.
    2 Birth Certificate
    3 Copy of Passport page with nonimmigrant visa
    4 Color photographs as per new guidelines
    5 Fingerprints ( USCIS will notify when and where to provide finger Print)
    6 Fee : Non refundable Fee: $220 (for those 14 years or older); $160 (for those less than 14 years of age) by check or money order
    Form G-325A, Biographic Information (for those between the ages of 14 and 79 years)
    7 Employment Letter - on employer's letterhead. This letter should confirm that the job on which the visa petition is based is available to you and it should mention your salary.
    8 Copy of your I-797 Notice of Action, showing that your I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, has been received or approved by INS (As of July 31, 2002, an interim rule published in the Federal Register allows for concurrent filing of Form I-485 with Form I-140, if a visa number is immediately available)

9 Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. ( Must be completed by the USCIS authorized physician)
    Form G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative. This will enable your lawyer to represent you.

Optional,

1 Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization or EAD ( Optional, if you want Employment Authorization while the case is pending)

2 Form I-131, Application for Travel Document ( Optional, if you want Travel document in case may have to travel out of USA while case is pending)
    You might be required to submit copies of marriage or divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse), birth certificates for children and certified copies of any arrests or criminal records, depends on your case.
    Other then these may be more documents required and depends on individual case. An advise from an immigration Lawyer can be worth.

Medical Examination

All AoS applicants must pass a medical examination conducted by a civil surgeon approved by the USCIS.
    You can find the USCIS approved civil surgeon in your area - online.
    OR
    You can contact USCIS' National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to find an approved civil surgeon in your area.
    The civil surgeon will record the results of the examination on the Form I-693 and in sealed in an envelope which should be submitted to USCIS along with 485 application.

You are responsible for paying all doctor and laboratory fees for the exam. You must carry your passport (or other form of photo identification) and your medical and vaccination history. If a condition is diagnosed which makes you inadmissible, you may still be eligible for immigration after completing treatment for the condition.

Fingerprinting

When applying for AoS, you will be fingerprinted so the USCIS can check for FBI and criminal records. The USCIS accepts fingerprint cards prepared only by authorized sites such as Application Support Centers (ASCs), and US Consular offices and military installations abroad. Once you file for I-485, the USCIS will send you a letter with an appointment for fingerprinting at the nearest ASC location. You must have the letter with you when you go in for fingerprinting. There is a $70 charge per person. Once your fingerprints are taken you will be issued a card FD-258

Remember:You should not submit the FD-258 card with your application. If you do so, the card will be rejected and you will have to go for fingerprinting again.

Все формы для AOS можно взять здесь http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

File at:

USCIS
    P.O. Box 805887
    Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For courier/express delivery:

USCIS
    Attn: AOS
    131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
    Chicago, IL 60603-5520

это инстркуции по заполнению http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf I-485
Working...
X