Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thread for CAREER oriented Service Members

I would like to start a new thread for CAREER oriented Service Members. I am trying to AVOID conversations about who is better - Army, AF, Marines, CG or Navy; what is better - enlisted or officer, etc. I'd rather not to talk about how "my current duty station and/or position sucks". I'd like to have professional discussions within us - mid-upper career professional Service Members who decided to serve for 20 years (or more); for us, who already knows what is going on in their life (more or less). So, if you are serving for 20, please join this thread.
    Hooaaaaaahhhhh!!!

Re: A thread for CAREER oriented Service Members

CSB/REDUX
    What do you think about it? When you reach 14 1/2 - 15 year mark you'll have to make a choice.

CSB/REDUX Retirement System
    CSB/REDUX

Comment

Зема может правильнее на русском?
      По теме думаю: что все индивидуально...

Comment

Bratuha, po-angliyski aktual'nei.. )

Comment

Originally posted by Roden
          CSB/REDUX
          What do you think about it? When you reach 14 1/2 - 15 year mark you'll have to make a choice.

CSB/REDUX Retirement System
          CSB/REDUX
          Redux was a gimmick invented by Congress back in mid-1990s. They were looking at transitioning the entire retirement system from 5%+ to 40% base after 20 years of active federal service. However, military members and veteran organizations (American Legion, VFW, etc.) went ape-shit and pushed the Congress to essentially retain the 50% system. However, the Congress did retain 40% as an option and to sweeten the deal and to incite at least some service members to consider this option, it added the so-called "Career Status Bonus" of $30K payable upon the completion of 15 years of active federal service.

Comment

So, if I take a bonus at 15 year mark and serve for 30 years I'll still receive 75% of my Base Pay as my pension, correct? :-)

Comment

После 26 лет в Армии (CWO4) решил наконец перевестис' в ИМА (Individual Mobilization Augmentee) и дослужит там остаток карьеры. Причина: постоянное обрезание бюджета. Раньше я в резервном статусе постоянно был на задании. Там месяц, тут три недели и тд. А последние 6 месяцев - 0. Говорят денег нет. Только началo марта, а в батальоне уже нет денег и поговаривают что майский поход на стрельбище отменят - нечем покупать аммуницию. Кто в похожей ситуации, отзовитесь.

Comment

Originally posted by gvidon
                После 26 лет в Армии (CWO4) решил наконец перевестис' в ИМА (Individual Mobilization Augmentee) и дослужит там остаток карьеры. Причина: постоянное обрезание бюджета. Раньше я в резервном статусе постоянно был на задании. Там месяц, тут три недели и тд. А последние 6 месяцев - 0. Говорят денег нет. Только началo марта, а в батальоне уже нет денег и поговаривают что майский поход на стрельбище отменят - нечем покупать аммуницию. Кто в похожей ситуации, отзовитесь.
                Я вот только не понимаю, почему надо уходить в IMA. Продолжал бы ходить себе на месячные дрили, и поинты бы, как минимум, капали. Да и, какие-никакие,но все же деньги...А урезание бюджета, так сам ведь знаешь, есть явление циклическое.

Comment

So, if I take a bonus at 15 year mark and serve for 30 years I'll still receive 75% of my Base Pay as my pension, correct? :-)
                  Where did you get 75% from??? If you take CSB/Redux option, then, after 20 year of service, you will be receiving 40% of your base pay. Only after you turn 65(???), your retirement gets bumped up to the High-Three (i.e. ~50%) option.

Comment

Originally posted by ORDFAO9148
                    Я вот только не понимаю, почему надо уходить в IMA. Продолжал бы ходить себе на месячные дрили, и поинты бы, как минимум, капали. Да и, какие-никакие,но все же деньги...А урезание бюджета, так сам ведь знаешь, есть явление циклическое.
                    Мне нужно было оговориться, что это не совсем ИМА а Д-ИМА (Дриллинг Индивидуал Мобилизэйшн Аугментии) Тоже есть дрили, но они делаются сразу все - за раз - а не месячно. Потенциально больше возможности найти мишин, потому что не ограничен своим коммандованием. Поживем - увидим. Пока что мне карьерный консультант нашел две позиции - одну в Калифорнии, а одну в Германии с Африкомом. Если разочаруюсь, пойду обратно в ТПЮ.

Comment

Where did you get 75% from??? If you take CSB/Redux option, then, after 20 year of service, you will be receiving 40% of your base pay. Only after you turn 65(???), your retirement gets bumped up to the High-Three (i.e. ~50%) option.
                      75% of Base Pay after 30 (thirty) years of service

__The REDUX multiplier calculation and annual cost of living adjustments differ from the other systems. Also, REDUX has a catch-up increase at age 62 that brings the REDUX retired pay back to the same amount paid under the High-3 System. REDUX is the only military retirement system with a readjustment feature.

Each of the first 20 years of service is worth 2.0% toward the retirement multiplier. But each year after the 20th is worth 3.5%. Hence, 2.0% x 20 years = 40%. But a 30-year career is computed by 2.0% times the first 20 years plus 3.5% for the 10 years beyond 20, resulting in the maximum of 75%. The table below summarizes the initial multiplier at various years of service under REDUX.

Comment

75% of Base Pay after 30 (thirty) years of service

__The REDUX multiplier calculation and annual cost of living adjustments differ from the other systems. Also, REDUX has a catch-up increase at age 62 that brings the REDUX retired pay back to the same amount paid under the High-3 System. REDUX is the only military retirement system with a readjustment feature.

Each of the first 20 years of service is worth 2.0% toward the retirement multiplier. But each year after the 20th is worth 3.5%. Hence, 2.0% x 20 years = 40%. But a 30-year career is computed by 2.0% times the first 20 years plus 3.5% for the 10 years beyond 20, resulting in the maximum of 75%. The table below summarizes the initial multiplier at various years of service under REDUX.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/retir.../04_redux.html
                        Ah, RGR, got it...thanks for the clarification. I was referring to retirement after 20 years...

Comment

Burn Pit Website

Comment

Ah, RGR, got it...thanks for the clarification. I was referring to retirement after 20 years...
                            da ya inogda podumivayu, a mojet 30 let slujit? ))

Comment

Короче, перевелся я в D-IMA и, ля-ля, первый неприятный сюрприз - нет слота. Мой кариир каунселор говорил что 351М - это большая редкость и что слоты есть, включая в Европе. И вот прошли уже 3 недели, а я по прежнему бездомный ай-ай-арщик. Страшно.

Comment

Working...
                              X