X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking Points on Enlistment Age Reduction - FYI

Talking Points on Enlistment Age Reduction

(As of 21 March 2011)

The Army plans to reduce the maximum enlistment age for new enlistees who have no prior military service from 42 to 35 on 1 April 2011, in order to position the Army to better address lower accession missions and end strength.

By increasing the maximum enlistment age to 42 in 2006, the Army increased the number of qualified applicants by 66 million and allowed older Americans the opportunity to serve in wartime.

While older recruits have been good Soldiers and have served the nation well, the current recruiting environment allows the Army to be more selective. There has been higher attrition (3% or more) for these older Soldiers as well as higher rates of disabling injuries and other health conditions than for younger Soldiers. Both these factors warranted the change.

This change doesn't affect prior service applicants or our officer accession programs. Our officer accession programs are in most cases even more stringent for age, with the exception of health care professionals and Chaplains.

Background

The Fiscal Year 2006 National Defense Authorization Act gave the Army permission to raise the active Army enlistment age to allow those persons who have not reached their 42nd birthday to enlist.

The Army had raised the active Army age limit to 40 in January 2006 as an interim step while it worked out details that were necessary before the 42 year limit could be implemented. Prior to January 2006, an active Army applicant could not have reached his or her 35th birthday. The Army Reserve age limit was raised from 35 to 40 in March 2005.

Re: Talking Points on Enlistment Age Reduction - FYI

Эвон, как я успел, а!

Comment

Да, успел!!! Молодец Паровоз!! )))

Comment

Originally posted by Staff Sergeant View Post
        Talking Points on Enlistment Age Reduction

(As of 21 March 2011)

The Army plans to reduce the maximum enlistment age for new enlistees who have no prior military service from 42 to 35 on 1 April 2011, in order to position the Army to better address lower accession missions and end strength.
        ...фак
        ----------------------

Comment

Sorry... Who knows, it might change in a few years again..

Comment

Спасибо Илья!
            ...только когда будет "change again", наверное будет уже поздно

..And still I dream he'll come to me
            That we'll live the years together
            But there are dreams that cannot be
            And there are storms we cannot weather
            I had a dream my life would be
            So different from this hell I'm living
            So different now from what it seemed
            Now life has killed