Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• По ту сторону...

Вот и случилось то, чего не ждал. Рождествеский подарок, можно сказать. Вчера наш полковник пришел к нам в "мастерскую" и поздравил меня с избранием (selection) в офицеры. Так что скоро сменю я свои нашивки на золотые "палочки" и стану как "они" .

А я уже совсем было собрался уходить из AF - ан нет - вот ведь как оно бывает...

Re: По ту сторону...

rorkas писал(а) Thu, 15 December 2005 20:43
    Вот и случилось то, чего не ждал. Рождествеский подарок, можно сказать. Вчера наш полковник пришел к нам в "мастерскую" и поздравил меня с избранием (selection) в офицеры. Так что скоро сменю я свои нашивки на золотые "палочки" и стану как "они" .

А я уже совсем было собрался уходить из AF - ан нет - вот ведь как оно бывает...

уря поздравляю

Comment

Congratulations man!!! You are lucky!!! And, by the way, thank you and all members of this forum for help (vladimir555, Artemy, Vetochka)!!!

Comment

rorkas писал(а) Thu, 15 December 2005 20:43

Поздравляю!

А ты отсылал пакет? Это через борду или как?

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I had to submit package to BSC board. My new job is going to be in BSC (Biomedical Science Corps) - it is medical field (just like my old job - Biomedical Equipment Tech- good luck to you with tech school Auslander - it's a looong school... and I still hate Sheppard ). All I can say - it was real surprise for me when our colonel came down to our shop to congratulated me. Honestly, I didn't expected being selected, but, I guees, Christmas miracles happen - best gift ever.

So guys, if you have a degree and want to try to apply for commissioning to be an officer - do it - you never know what's gonna happen (especially in the Army - it's much easier than in AF - ex. there were only 2 or 3 slots open this year in my soon to be new job). Another good thing to remember are personal contacts - they make a HUGE difference. I talked to local officers from the same AFSC and that helped a LOT - they wrote LORs(Letters of Recommendation) on my behalf. And, since this is such a small career field - they know each other pretty good and it really helps when you have an oficer backing you up.

To putting my package together was pain in the butt. Honestly, being non-native American, having degree form non-US college, having some serious problems with English (both written and spoken) makes you feel sort of handicapped compared to other applicants. It's funny how life goes. Three years ago, when I entered basic training I couldn't put two words together, and soon I'm gonna be the one who should to be able to write EPR's and make speaches.

It's gonna be a really nice holiday season. I hope that everyone gonna get good Christmas presents. And thanks for the congratulations to everyone again.

P.S. If you have any questions about enlisted life - I'm still gonna be here and will help with whatever I can.

P.S.S. Sorry for English (I'm at work right now) and for errors (didn't have time to spellcheck everything).

Comment

Похжравляю с присвоением очередного звания! Ура, товарищи!

Comment

С повышением! Поздравляю!

Comment

Поздравляю!!! Так держать!!

Comment

Молодец Бавор!!!

И спасибо, что написал. Все - таки действительно можно пробится в офицеры нашим рeбятам в американских вооруженных слах!!! Ура!!!

Comment

Я хоть и не Бавор , но все равно спасибо всем за поздравления.

Comment

Working...
                    X