Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLPT news

The Defense Foreign Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) is moving from being traditional paper-and-pencil-based to computer-based testing over the Internet with the release of Version 5. This new test significantly changes how the DoD develops and measures work force foreign language skills and will become a primary certifying means for determining award levels of foreign language proficiency pay (FLPP). Beginning this fall, Sailors testing in Iraqi dialect, Uzbek, Hindi, Norwegian, Albanian, Urdu, Daro, and Pashtu will test via the Web. Russian DLPT V testing will be implemented in December, 2005. Sailors requiring tests in other languages will continue to use the paper-based DLPT or oral proficiency interview. Most languages now tested via DLPT will be converted to DLPT V format by the end of 2008. Once a DLPT V test is introduced, it will become the only officially validated DLPT for certification of foreign language proficiency and subsequent payment of FLPP. For a complete list of DLPT V test sites and other important information regarding these tests, visit [url="https://www.advancement.cnet.navy.mil,"] https://www.advancement.cnet.n avy.mil, log into the system, and then click on the Defense Language link.

Re: DLPT news

Нужно ли быть гражданином США для того чтобы сдать этот тест?

Comment

Auslander писал(а) Tue, 28 March 2006 14:59
      Net

Comment

Цитата:

Yes, and even more - you have to have at least SECRET clearance to be able to test. Air Force has higher standards - we can't even deploy without clearance (that's why some people never apply for citizenship - to be sure they will not go to Iraq).

Comment

rorkas писал(а) Wed, 29 March 2006 18:16
          (that's why some people never apply for citizenship - to be sure they will not go to Iraq).

Нифига себе... А почему у нас без гражданства отправляют??? Как в Италию служить - так только граждан, а в Ирак - всех подряд...

Comment

Новости: - пустили по нескольким базам ДЛПТ-5 (для тех кто в танке- до этого был ДЛПТ-4). Мне пришёл майл официальный с телефончиком - я сразу позвонил и мне сообщили что русский язык не считается нынче стратегическим - поэтому за него деньги кроме как +100 максимум давать ну будут. За мясо посчитали корейский, китайский и всякие азиатские наречия...

Comment

rorkas писал(а) Wed, 29 March 2006 20:16
              Цитата:

Yes, and even more - you have to have at least SECRET clearance to be able to test. Air Force has higher standards - we can't even deploy without clearance (that's why some people never apply for citizenship - to be sure they will not go to Iraq).
              It is an AF regulation about SS clearance. In Army situation is more democratic Therefore, welcome to Army

Comment

Цитата:
                It is an AF regulation about SS clearance. In Army situation is more democratic Therefore, welcome to Army

Extra $100 is not worth extra 8 months in Iraq

Comment

A poehat' kuda nibud' v Europe sluzhit' bez US citizen tozhe ne poluchitsya? A to moy rekruter plel chto mozhno i pro yazik on govoril, chto na AIT uzhe mozhno budet zdavat'. Kto uzhe sluzhit v AF, please, podelites' poleznoy informaziey. Uhozhu na basic 23 may, spezial'nost' vibral biomedical equipment ( bibirat' bilo pochti ne iz chego, t.k. ne US citizen.

Comment

HTML Code:
                    A poehat' kuda nibud' v Europe sluzhit' bez US citizen tozhe ne poluchitsya?

I doubt. AF requires clerance if you want to go overseas (there might be some exceptions though - I was in Germany for 4 months with interim security clearance - but it was for short period of time).

HTML Code:
                    A to moy rekruter plel chto mozhno i pro yazik on govoril, chto na AIT uzhe mozhno budet zdavat'.

He is lying. You cannot test until you get clearance, and you cannot get clearance until you become citizen. So it is at least 2.5 years (at least it was for me) for you since you are going to be BMET (as I was by the way) - tech school is about 11 months. When I was in tech school (Sheppard AFB - you'll hate this place ) and asked MPF if I can start my application process to become citizen they said that I can't - I think it changed since then and now you actually might be able to apply and get your citizenship while in tech school, and maybe, your clearance sooner that I had mine.

HTML Code:
                    Uhozhu na basic 23 may
                    It's gonna be hot as hell.. hmm. actually it's gonna be hell

HTML Code:
                     spezial'nost' vibral biomedical equipment ( bibirat' bilo pochti ne iz chego, t.k. ne US citizen.

One of the best jobs in AF that you could have - especially if decide to get out after 4-6 years - you'll easiely find a job starting 60k a year.

Well, good luck on basic - it's an interesting experience... painfull, but interesting.

Comment

rorkas писал(а) Sat, 01 April 2006 10:07
                      Цитата:

Extra $100 is not worth extra 8 months in Iraq

o-man, it is like scary movie for civilian: Iraq "Everythng, but not in Iraq" - I seek of these people pretending to be a men. In my case, I enlisted in Army with 100% MOS for the hot places.

btw, could you describe me all stages of Secret Security Clearence process? In October will be 2 years without any news...

Comment

Aleksre писал(а) Sun, 30 April 2006 16:49
                        A poehat' kuda nibud' v Europe sluzhit' bez US citizen tozhe ne poluchitsya? A to moy rekruter plel chto mozhno i pro yazik on govoril, chto na AIT uzhe mozhno budet zdavat'. Kto uzhe sluzhit v AF, please, podelites' poleznoy informaziey. Uhozhu na basic 23 may, spezial'nost' vibral biomedical equipment ( bibirat' bilo pochti ne iz chego, t.k. ne US citizen.

Удачи вам, главное убейте 3-4 месяца а там всё наладиться. Хотя я на бэйсике отдыхал телом, как это странно не звучит. Зарядка, кормёжка и сон - что ещё надо человеку? Только эти мерзкие лекции о армейских ценностях меня убивали наповал - более 5 минут я выдержать не мог...

Comment

Цитата:
                          o-man, it is like scary movie for civilian: Iraq "Everythng, but not in Iraq" - I seek of these people pretending to be a men. In my case, I enlisted in Army with 100% MOS for the hot places.

Iraq is not that bad, but for me the worst thing about beeing deployed is beeing away from my family. I could care less about everything else

Цитата:
                          btw, could you describe me all stages of Secret Security Clearence process? In October will be 2 years without any news...

I don't know all the stages, but I can give you how it happened with my clearance. First interview I had in tech school in June or July of 2003. Second interview (it may happene or may not - I had second interview on my first "real" base) was in December of 2003 and I was told that I will get my clearance as soon as I become citizen, so in April of 2004 I became citizen and nothing happened. I talked to our "clearance people" and they told me I have to give up my old citizenship, so I sent my passport to embassy, and about year later in August of 2005 I finally got my security clearance - what a glorious moment .

The reason it takes so long these days is because a lot of peole need to renew their clearances and average waiting time (at least I was told so) is about 18 months. In my case it was about 2 years, but I think it was because I spent most of my life outside the US (if not all of my life ).

It will happen eventually - just keep asking them (they knew me very well - I was annoying customer , but it worked).

Comment

to:

rorkas

Thank you for ansvers.

I have a couple of quetions:

Neuzh to Shappard AFB takoe gadkoe mesto? A to ya poedu tuda posle San Antonio v nachale sentyabrya, k tomu zhe s semyoy: zhena i 8-letniy sin, ili mozhet chto drugoe posovetuesh'. Apo povodu moey spezial'nosti: kak ti dumaesh' est' shans popast' v Iraq? Esli net to ya srazu podam na grazhanstvo, esli est' to podozhdu... Mozhet che-to eshe s opita posovetuesh'.

Zaranee blagodaren.

Comment

Цитата:
                              Neuzh to Shappard AFB takoe gadkoe mesto? A to ya poedu tuda posle San Antonio v nachale sentyabrya, k tomu zhe s semyoy: zhena i 8-letniy sin, ili mozhet chto drugoe posovetuesh'.

It's boring place in the middle of nowhere (with exception of Wichita Falls, about 100k population). The problem is that you'll be nonprior service and you'll be treated just like you are straight from basic (which is true), BUT for all 11 (or whatever time is now) months while in tech school. Of course you will have different phases with more and more priviliges, but still it's not going to be what normal AF is. Since you have dependends you'll be authorize to brind them with you AFTER the first phase (if I remeber correctly it's 4 weeks), and then you can move out of the dorm to on- or offbase housing - then life in Sheppard doesn't seem that sad - you'll have no more room inspection or other stupid stuff, but you still have to do CQ sometimes. But as long as you don't get in trouble - you'll be fine. When I was there in phase four we didn't have to do damn thing, but now times changed (at least what I heard) - they put more restrictions on students (non-priors of course).

Цитата:
                              Apo povodu moey spezial'nosti: kak ti dumaesh' est' shans popast' v Iraq? Esli net to ya srazu podam na grazhanstvo, esli est' to podozhdu...

If you become citizen you'll be put on UTC and ready for deployment. Where to - noone knows, BMETs get deployed everywhere: Iraq, Saudi Arabi, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan - you name it. I went to Germany - not bad deployment . Or you can go one some humanitarian missions if you volunteer (I knew some people who's been to Moldova etc.). BMET is one of the best jobs in the AF that you can get (beeing non-citizen, and citizen too) - in my opinion. You'll get training, experience and working environment that not many people get; you can directly trasfer your skills if you decide to separate and become civilian and get on start $28+ /h. Plus if you smart - you'll get your degree (if you don't have one yet) and certifications. It maybe not that easy, but it's doable and it's only up to you what do you get out of your service. I f you get stationed overseas (after you become citizen and decide to stay) - you'll see the world for cheap (if not free) - it's nice thing - getting paid to travel around the world (but another thing - a lot of people want to go there too).

Цитата:
                              Mozhet che-to eshe s opita posovetuesh'.

Don't fail tech school - if you do your AF career maybe a lot different, but again you may not like beeing BMET and fixing equipment, so it could be good for you too , but if you do fail, chances are that you'll be services or some other I-don't-need-my-brain job.

Good luck.

P.S. Sorry for english - no russian layout here.

P.S.S. And one more thing - you'll have fun on basic if your English is at the level my was when I enlisted (Thank you, good morning...). Just look what other trainees do and copy them - it worked for me, but in short period of time (and I think that everyone who is on active duty now can confirm that) your English going to improve drastically; you'll be surprised how good it became, and even more in tech school - it's free English school... and very intense too.

Comment

Working...
                              X