X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Workout ♖ Бодибилдинг в Американской Тюрьме

________

Образы из тюрьм круче чем с обложки журнала men's health

Как же им удается эффективно качаться за решеткой?!

Нужно разобраться. Вдруг кому-пригодится

Re: Prison Workout ♖ Бодибилдинг в Американской Тюрьме

Results 4 Months Prison (Before/After Pics Inside) : Fitness

Results from 4 Months Prison

Background:

I've made some mistakes in my past that I deeply regret and am doing everything to move on from. Without going into too much detail, I was heavily involved in a business that is becoming legal in several states but at the time was not legal in Connecticut. I was fortunate to have an excellent attorney and no criminal history. Because of the scope of my operation though, the judge was insistent on jail time - 10 months imprisonment with 5 years probation and a 5 year suspended sentence. I have always been an avid Crossfitter, yogi, jiu jitsu competitor, powerlifter, and all around athlete. I made a commitment to myself before going in that I would do everything in my power to continue improving myself mentally, physically, and spiritually while inside, making the most of every moment and using it to workout, meditate, do yoga, reflect, read, and write. I could write another entire post about yoga, meditation, and using the time to reflect, but I'll leave the focus of this post to working out.
    Update: I've been in the gym for about a week, re-testing my max lifts. My squat went from 475 -> ~435, deadlift 525 -> 475, OHP 195 -> 185, and did not test bench. I've very pleased with these numbers, as I've been able to maintain significant strength. Also considering I've lost about 20 lbs, I'm pound for pound as strong, if not stronger than before.

Training:

Pre-Prison:Prior to heading in, I had been using Wendler's 5/3/1 program for about 1.5 years. Prior to that I had been doing Crossfit for about 2 years, and prior to that I was following the workouts in the book The New Rules of Lifting for about 6 months. My max lifts were 475 squat, 525 deadlift, 315 bench, 195 overhead press. My split generally looked like this:
    Monday: Squat Tuesday: Bench Wednesday: Hill Sprint Workout OR some type of Crossfit Metcon workout Thursday: Jiu Jitsu Training OR Rest Friday: Overhead Press Saturday: Deadlift Sunday: Active recovery -- Bikram yoga

Prison: I only had access to a pullup bar, back extension station, dip station, and ab wheel, so all of my workouts were bodyweight. I have read Convict conditioning and did a lot of research into good bodyweight workouts before going in. In addition to the workouts, I got up at 5am everyday to do 1 hour of yoga next to my bunk, 20 minutes of tai chi, 20 minutes of pranayama breathing exercises, and 30 minutes of meditation. I would make an effort to walk for at least an hour per day (we were in a dorm setup with a common area which I would pace around the perimter)
    My workouts generally looked like this:

Day 1 - Upper Body
    Pullups - 10 sets of 10 reps (increased over time to 14-15 reps) Handstand Pushups - 6 sets of 6 reps (increased over time to 10-12 reps) Pushups - initially 10 sets of 25 reps, increased over time to 4 sets of 20 reps one-handed, 6 sets of 35 reps normal Bodyweight Row (used dip station, had someone hold me legs up) - 6 sets of 15 reps Dips - 6 sets of 15 reps

Day 2 - Lower Body + 5x40 Burpees (burpees done in a separate workout -- usually first thing in the morning then the lower body workout done later in the day)
    10 rounds as fast as possible: 25 jump squats, 10 lunges (each leg), 12 pistol squats (each leg) It took a while to work up to this workout. My goal heading in was to get good at pistols, which I couldn't do a single one of when heading in. My initial workout looked like this: 8 sets of 30 squats, 20 lunges, 4 'assisted pistols' (held onto the side of a bunk or some object to brace me as I descended...gradually worked my way into doing pistols without holding anything). I stuck with this workout for about 2.5 months before moving onto the 10 round timed workout.

Day 3 - Abs / Lower Back + 5x40 Burpees (burpees done first thing in AM, other workout later) 10 sets of 12 reps hanging leg raise 10 sets of 20 reps back extension (had access to simple back extension setup when moved to state prison) 6 sets of 40 situps 6 sets of 12 back bridges (Convict conditioning style...full bridge from ground) 4 sets of 20 ab wheel rollouts (had access to ab wheel in state prison gym) 4 sets of 2 reps 'wall walks' -- stand in front of a wall and arch backwards, walking hands along the wall into a full bridge

Day 4 - Upper Body Pullups - 10 sets of 10 reps (increased over time to 14-15 reps) Handstand Pushups - 6 sets of 6 reps (increased over time to 10-12 reps) Pushups - initially 10 sets of 25 reps, increased over time to 4 sets of 20 reps one-handed, 6 sets of 35 reps normal Bodyweight Row (used dip station, had someone hold me legs up) - 6 sets of 15 reps Dips - 6 sets of 15 reps

Day 5 - Lower Body + 5x40 Burpees
    10 rounds as fast as possible: 25 jump squats, 10 lunges (each leg), 12 pistol squats (each leg) It took a while to work up to this workout. My goal heading in was to get good at pistols, which I couldn't do a single one of when heading in. My initial workout looked like this: 8 sets of 30 squats, 20 lunges, 4 'assisted pistols' (held onto the side of a bunk or some object to brace me as I descended...gradually worked my way into doing pistols without holding anything)

Day 6 - Abs /Lower Back + 5x40 Burpees 10 sets of 12 reps hanging leg raise 10 sets of 20 reps back extension (had access to simple back extension setup when moved to state prison) 6 sets of 40 situps 6 sets of 12 back bridges (Convict conditioning style...full bridge from ground) 4 sets of 20 ab wheel rollouts (had access to ab wheel in state prison gym) 4 sets of 2 reps 'wall walks' -- stand in front of a wall and arch backwards, walking hands along the wall into a full bridge

Day 7 - Rest

Nutrition:
    This was my biggest concern going in. Meals in prison tend to be very high in carbohydrates and very little nutritional value. I had been seeing some success with the LeanGains style of eating, so I incorporated that into my eating when in prison by skipping breakfast. Lunch was served at 11:30am and usually consisted of 2 cups of macaroni or starchy pasta with some sort of 'slop' - chunks of meat in sauce, 2 slices of bread, a small carton of milk, and a cup of vegetables. Dinner was a similar setup and served at 4:30pm. Fortunately I had access to commissary, and with a $75 per week spending limit, I loaded up on tuna (25 g protein), mackeral (18 g protein), protein shake packets (238 calories, 44 protein, 22 carb), oatmeal, and beef crumbles (275 calories, 38 g protein). I would take a few packets of meat with me to each meal in order to add protein. So for example at lunch I would add 2 packets of tuna to the 'slop', and eat only one cup of the carbs. Outside of the cafeteria the only tools I had to cook with were hot water, so I could make oatmeal, instant rice, and a few other things. Often I would add a third meal closer in the evening to add additional protein and because dinner was served so early....usually something like 2 packets of meat and a small cup of instant brown rice.
    In keeping with the LeanGains style of eating, I would increase calories a little on the upper body and lower body training days, with my postworkout meal being the largest and the most carbs. Sometimes I would be working out at night (after dinner), so my go to postworkout meal was 3 packets of instant oatmeal with 2 packets of protein powder. This workout out to about 800 calories, 88 g protein, 125 g carbs. I would also cycle carbs and calories lower on ab/lower back days and rest days while keeping protein intake around 180g. Typically my postworkout meal would be the highest in carbs, and for the other meals I would skip the high carb options but giving away my macaroni and bread or trading it for a carton of milk.
    Sample Day of eating (train in AM):
    Lunch:
    2 cups of macaroni, 2 packets of tuna + 'meat slop', 2 slices white bread, 1 milk, 1 cup veggies
    Dinner:
    2 packets of meat + 'meat slop', 2 slices white bread, 1 milk, 1 cup veggies
    Additional meal: 2 packets of tuna + cup of instant brown rice

Summary:

Was able to maintain a lot of strength overall and improve my bodyweight conditioning significantly. I am more cut up than I've ever been, having lost a total of 20 lbs and now being able to see veins in my abdomen. The biggest takeaway is that going forward I will be eating much less, realizing how much better it feels to be leaner and more conditioned. I will soon be testing my 1 rep maxes in the four main lifts to see how the bodyweight strength carries over into barbell work after having not touched weights in 4 months.

Before Prison: ~232 lbs:

After Prison (May 23, 2013): ~214 lbs:

Кто зону не топтал тот Стэтхэмом не станет

Comment

вот, интересная статья отвечающая на многие вопросы

Cutty Strength – Prison Workout: Penitentiary Style Training Routine
      Prison Workout: Penitentiary Style Training Routine

We’ve all seen or heard about how big and muscular inmates in the penitentiary are. How do these guys get so big and what is this “penitentiary style training?”
      What is penitentiary style training?

Penitentiary style training has been popularized lately by a man named CT Fletcher. This style of training has been described as using “poor form, broscience, and partial reps.”
      Having men like Fletcher and others coming out looking so massive, you have to wonder what they could possibly be doing.
      Like most gyms, most inmates spend their time working their upper bodies. Half squats, partial reps, and arm work seem to be popular amongst the inmates.
      There is a misconception that all inmates turn into these massive monsters. Just like at your regular gym, there are the people who train counter productively and never make any progress.

Types of lifters:

Generally there are 4 types of lifters you find in the penitentiary, they have similarities to the people you find in your own gym.
      Fresh Meat

These lifters are new in the ‘system’ and they all want to talk a bunch of crap to the other lifters and inmates. These guys spend more time talking and causing problems than lifting.

‘Fitness Freaks’

For a lack of a better term, these guys focus more on bodyweight exercises and conditioning. Their training includes bodyweight exercises such as dips on their toilets, push-ups, and pull-ups in the door frame.
      If they go out to the yard to train, they will do a lot of conditioning work such as wind sprints, sparring, speed bag, heavy bag, jumping rope, and running stairs. These guys would be similar to people who do aerobic classes and other things that rely on conditioning and speed more than strength or aesthetics.
      Below are two sample ‘fitness freak’ workout routines. They is done in a circuit with 25-30 second rest between circuits. Usually these circuits are done throughout the day, but I would recommend doing as many circuits as you can for 10 minutes. Once your conditioning improves, you will be able to do more circuits in your 10 minute block.

‘Fitness Freak’ Sample Routine 1
      ‘Fitness Freak’ Sample Routine 2
      Bodybuilders

Bodybuilders in the penitentiary have to utilize unorthodox training methods to try to get the same results as machines do for people who visit regular gyms. The bodybuilders do mostly utilize a high rep scheme and do high volume routines.
      Unorthodox methods and partial reps are used to simulate isolation or help build specific parts of the muscle. The poor form and partial reps could be considered using “broscience” to get the results they are working towards, but if it works it works.
      Below are some sample bodybuilder workout routines.

Bodybuilder Sample Chest Workout Routine

Powerlifters
      Traditional powerlifters train exactly like you would expect; heavy compound lifts. These guys know the importance of lifting heavy weight and using the big compound lifts. The big compound lifts are squat, deadlift, bench press, barbell row, and overhead press.
      Most of these lifters train using heavy weights and only the main compound lifts. They generally don’t do “accessory” lifts or anything other than progressing in the 3 main lifts.
      Below are some sample powerlifter routines. Recommended at least 1 day of rest in between each exercise.

[QUOTE]
      Powerlifter Sample Push Pull Routine 1

Nutrition

Food in the penitentiary is not very nutrient dense for someone trying to gain mass and build strength. Commissary is where inmates can purchase nutrient dense foods such as packs of tuna, sardines, roast beef, green tea, and even protein powder and bars.

Commissary is expensive, so if an inmate does not have a job or anybody who will bring money for commissary, it is hard to buy this food. also has many calorie dense highly processed foods such as chips, Doritos, Ramen Noodles, and honey buns are available for people who are trying to bulk.

prison commissary or canteen магазин в исправительном учреждении, в котором заключенные могут приобрести продукты, такие как предметы гигиены, закуски, письменных принадлежностей и т.д (в том числе протеин, о чем писал выше блогер)

Why it Works

How can inmates get so massive with limited resources and equipment?

When you look at people who don’t progress with all of the food and equipment you can ask for, you have to wonder how these guys get so large. It is true that anabolic steroids do make their way into the facilities, but there is more to it than just claiming steroids.
      When building muscle or strength, your nervous system is taxed. If you factor in a stressful job, financial hardships, school, and other stressors that can affect weight loss, muscle gain, and strength gain. Your nervous system can only support so much stress before it starts to shut down or take longer to recover. This is where overtraining comes from; not enough sleep, stressed about life, and adding a heavy workout in the mix can overwork your nervous system and make you sick or weaker.
      In the penitentiary, you have an environment that encourages training, access to calorie dense foods, endless conditioning possibilities, an endless supply of iron, and virtually no distractions, you have a formula for success. The only stress you have in the penitentiary is making sure you aren’t attacked. There are no comforts in there and you adapt to your situation and environment which makes you tough.

Comment

ну вот, в тюрьме, оказывается, много времени есть свободного, калорийно кормят и стимулы для тренировок присутствуют.
        так что..э... можно себе позволить

Comment

Originally posted by stachybotrys View Post
          ну вот, в тюрьме, оказывается, много времени есть свободного, калорийно кормят и стимулы для тренировок присутствуют.
          так что..э... можно себе позволить
          Свободные часы конечно есть. Но в течении дня обеспечена занятость
          До и после ужина есть час на прогулку, а после доступ в тренажерный зал.

Если ты занят на работах вроде кухни, то подъем на 2 часа раньше и более насыщенный график

24 Hours in Prison
          HOUR MINIMUM MEDIUM CLOSE
          Morning
          5:00 sleep wake up sleep
          6:00 wake up breakfast wake up
          7:00 breakfast/travel to work site travel to work site/work breakfast/go to work in prison
          8:00-10:00 work
          11:00 30 minutes for lunch 30 minutes for lunch work
          Afternoon
          12:00 work work 30 minutes for lunch
          1:00-2:00 work
          3:00 work/travel to prison travel to prison/off duty work day ends/time on prison yard
          4:00 off duty/time on prison yard time on prison yard return to cell
          5:00 30 minutes for supper
          Evening
          6:00-7:00 time for religious and specialized programming such as religious services, narcotics anonymous, anger management
          8:00 return to dorm return to dorm return to cellblock
          9:00-10:00 remain in housing area
          11:00 lights out; go to sleep
          12:00-4:00 lights out; sleep
          [/CENTER]
          (This table was prepared to provide insight into prison operations. Prison operations and inmate schedules may vary.)

Вот книжка по теме

«Тренировки заключенных» Пола Уэйда
          (с собственным весом)

вот иллюстрации

Comment

ну вот- главное- желание.
            или "кто хочет- тот ищет возможности!"

Comment

Working...
            X