Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales under russian "fire"

The statement of theelectronic library "LIB"VladimirKushnaryovtoJimmy Wales

Not the first day and not the first year we see the cries of the owner of popular Internet encyclopedia "Wikipedia" on their pages about hard life of the free project. I think that everybody would agree with me in that "Wikipedia" is an idea "on a million" and it is very surprising that the owner did not become yet a millionaire. More precisely, he would not be a millionaire satisfied with the income from his other, commercial projects.

Contrary excuses Jimmy Wales I believe that it is not necessary to make Wikipedia paid for visitors for material gain. This is proven by many web resources, such as social networks Facebook, Вконтакте, which, being free to the public, are profitable for their owners. Only 2 stealth advertisings and popular russian quotation site Bash.org also earns money for its owners. What prevents to make so with world-renowned internet-resource like Wikipedia?

As a head of the free project I understand that Jimmy Wales indicates his weakness to recognize the need for a creating of the source of income from his "hobby". with such statements at the same time calling himself as the internet entrepreneur. In the meantime, I can see only interner-figure, who preferred begging to business. I note that Jimmy Wales is able to earn on internet projects - he has repeatedly demonstrated it before and even now - with his commercial project Wikia (hosting services). However, having a clearly profitable project Wikia, Jimmy Wales refuses from the opportunity to finance Wikipedia from his more profitable resource.

Dear Jimmy Wales! If you are really concerned about the viability of Wikipedia, we are ready to deprive you of the problem in a month.

Best regards,

Vladimir Kushnaryov,
    administrator of uniquely free
    e-library "LIB"

Source here: http://www.lib.izmailonline.com/wiki.html

Re: Wikipedia's Jimmy Wales under russian "fire"

Не все люди материально настроены. У каждого свои принципы и я уважаю создателя Вики за такой полезный ресурс и за то, что там нет рекламы. Фэйсбук и в подметки Вики не годится.

Comment

Working...
    X