Forum Topic List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California DayCare and firearms low

Hi everyone, I have a situation and want to enclose here my questions, probably these questions should be addressed to lawyers but I will try, may be will find some help here.
    Few month ago me and my wife have got Family Child Care License in LA county California, we have big 2 floors house and use only first floor for day care. Everything goes well no any problems. 3 weeks ago I have decided to buy some firearms, for home defense and rifle for range to spend my free time there. I have brought to Guns Store all documentation also notified that we have Day Care at home etc. (stuff said it is does not matter) After submitting DROS application in guns store after few days DOJ denied my application, of course without a reason, I was so sad cause I do not have even parking ticket in my history absolutely nothing, clean as a baby, to get a reason why, employee from the store recommended to me send live scan with some form to get Record of Review to DOJ, after few days I ve received respond, regarding my fingerprint etc, we have next record enclosed (like a reason) was a paper with short words #APPLICANT FAMILY DAY CARE# so I was denied because we have day care at home, now I have few questions:
    - There is any law in CA or USA which restrict my right to have a firearm at home while doing day care business?
    What if I applied for firearms before Day Care License? As I saw in Day Care licensing guide you can have firearms at home but you should have a locked safe and store ammunition locked and separate etc. (safe I have and I am ready to follow the rules)
    - Can I challenge DOJ decision ? May be I should send them some proof of having safe in my house or something like that?

Please let me know if you have some useful information regarding my situation and looking for advise. To be honest I also do not wanna pay 15% restocking fee at guns store right now and trying to understand if I brake some low now or it is just DOJ decision I can challenge.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by gotoLAX; 05-03-2017, 09:41 AM.

Get a lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by gotoLAX View Post
      Hi everyone, I have a situation and want to enclose here my questions, probably these questions should be addressed to lawyers but I will try, may be will find some help here.
      Few month ago me and my wife have got Family Child Care License in LA county California, we have big 2 floors house and use only first floor for day care. Everything goes well no any problems. 3 weeks ago I have decided to buy some firearms, for home defense and rifle for range to spend my free time there. I have brought to Guns Store all documentation also notified that we have Day Care at home etc. (stuff said it is does not matter) After submitting DROS application in guns store after few days DOJ denied my application, of course without a reason, I was so sad cause I do not have even parking ticket in my history absolutely nothing, clean as a baby, to get a reason why, employee from the store recommended to me send live scan with some form to get Record of Review to DOJ, after few days I ve received respond, regarding my fingerprint etc, we have next record enclosed (like a reason) was a paper with short words #APPLICANT FAMILY DAY CARE# so I was denied because we have day care at home, now I have few questions:
      - There is any law in CA or USA which restrict my right to have a firearm at home while doing day care business?
      What if I applied for firearms before Day Care License? As I saw in Day Care licensing guide you can have firearms at home but you should have a locked safe and store ammunition locked and separate etc. (safe I have and I am ready to follow the rules)
      - Can I challenge DOJ decision ? May be I should send them some proof of having safe in my house or something like that?

Please let me know if you have some useful information regarding my situation and looking for advise. To be honest I also do not wanna pay 15% restocking fee at guns store right now and trying to understand if I brake some low now or it is just DOJ decision I can challenge.
      Thank you.
      Какой язык у вас родной? Явно не английский... Может проще на родном написать!

Comment

Добрый день, помощь с регистрацией компании в США https://www.facebook.com/maria.serova.148 или Тел/viber/WhatsApp +1-415-990-4450

Comment

Уймись, дурачок.

Comment

Working...
          X